Good morning! Is it really true we are at the end of the month already?? Lately I’ve been feeling that time is a thief but I am so thankful for the memories and fun we’ve been able to pack into this summer so far:) You may have noticed a few more colors in your boxes this week….we are on the brink of a tomato explosion over here.
I am also so excited to share that plans are in the works for a CSA dinner in September. I wanted to have a night where you all could meet each other and enjoy some farm to table dishes made by someone else where you can just sit and enjoy! Stay tuned for details to come.
Here’s what you can look forward to in your box this week
Eggplant (Little Fingers & Blanca white)
Tomatoes ( multiple varieties )
I hope you’ve been finding some fun ways to use your produce. Whether it be simple or fancy, eating it is all matters:) The Koop family are members of the CSA and Suzanne has been awesome at sharing ideas and recipes with me …..here are a few she has made in the past couple of weeks with her share.
Dijon Green Bean Potato Salad
Red skin Potatos-washed and quartered (I used what was in last weeks box and added some purple and red skins to it)
-Red onion- minced
-Green beans-ends trimmed and washed, cut into 1″ pieces
-2 T Parsley-washed and chopped
-Red wine vinegar
-Salt & pepper-to taste
1) Put potatoes in pan, cover with water, add salt. Boil until done. Remove potatoes from water, reserving water for beans.
2) Cool potatoes in bowl, add chopped onion.
3) Add beans to potato water and cook for a few minutes. The beans should be crunchy. Remove beans and blanch. (Fill bowl with ice water. Put beans in water to cool). Drain. Add to potatoes.
4) Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar and mustard. Add parsley. Pour over potato & bean mixture. Stir to combine.
5) Salt & pepper to taste.
Pasta with Veggies
1 box pasta- I used veggie rotini- cook according to package directions.
1-2 zucchini sliced
1-2 summer squash sliced
1-kohlrabi peeled and sliced thin and in small pieces
1-eggplant washed and thinly sliced into quarters
2-4 cloves garlic chopped
Fresh basil- washed and chopped
Fresh Rosemary-washed and chopped
Fresh Thyme-washed and chopped
1-2 lbs. Kielbasa, smoked turkey sausage or meat of your choice- sliced thin and halved
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Heart healthy)
1) Make pasta according g to package directions. Drain.
2) Sauté meat, remove from pan. Use same pan to sauté veggies, add olive oil and garlic, cook for 1 min. over medium heat, don’t let it get brown. Add veggies. Cook til done.
3) Add meat back into pan with veggies. Add fresh herbs and spaghetti sauce. Cook over low-med. heat until sauce is heated through.
4) Add pasta to veggie/meat pan. Stir to combine.
5) Add salt & pepper to taste.
6) Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
If you make anything throughout the week that you and/or your family just loves….please share it!!
Here are a few more ideas for your week:)
Summer Squash and Zucchini Quinoa Salad
Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Summer Veggies: Zucchini, Summer Squash, Tomatoes
Pesto Stuffed Little Fingers Eggplant (scroll down the page to find recipe)
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Tomatillo Ranch Chicken
Rosemary Lemon Zucchini Bread
Have a great week everyone!!!!